YBhg. DATO’ AMRAN BIN MOHAMAD (D.I.M.P)
- YANG DI-PERTUA PERSATUAN KONTRAKTOR MELAYU MALAYSIA (WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN)
- PRESIDEN PERTUBUHAN KONTRAKTOR FELDA MALAYSIA
- PRESIDEN PERSATUAN KONTRAKTOR MELAYU MALAYSIA WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN
- AJK TERTINGGI GABUNGAN WAWASAN GENERASI FELDA (GWGF) MALAYSIA
- MEMBER OF GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY MALAYSIA (GSM)
Started his career as Geologist and supervisor at Malaysian Soil Investigation Sdn. Bhd in 1988. He is responsible of leading a sub-surface investigation team performing several jobs in Malaysia. He has a great deal of experience in slope stabilisation works on cut area in most complex geological features in this country. His knowledge on the geological subsurface condition assists him in succeeding in the projects that were instructed to him during his service with MSI. Due to his diversified experience in geotechnical works, he later on joins Jurutera Konsultant (SEA) Sdn.Bhd. one of the leading consultant in Malaysia, as a Geologist. He was responsible in providing technical support especially in the field of geotechnical. He was later on, due to this experience in complex geological features in Malaysia, was promoted to be site geologist in Fraser Hill and Plus North-South Highway. His further thirst for challenge finally brought him out of JK (SEA) to form his own Company Geostrength Engineering Sdn. Bhd in 1997.
August 1990 – March 1992 at MALAYSIAN SOIL INVESTIGATION SDN.BHD
(Geologist and Supervisor)
- Liwagu Hydro-Power Study in Ranau, Sabah.
- Pergau Hydro Electric Project in Kelantan.
- Mamut Copper Mining in Sabah.
- Proposed Development at Seksyen 24, Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
- Proposed Hotel Renaissance, Jalan Ampang.
- Proposed Development at Taman Melawati, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
9 September 1997 – Current at GEOSTRENGTH ENGINEERING SDN BHD
(Managing Director & Geologist)
May 1992 – January 1997 at JURUTERA KONSULTANT (SEA) SDN.BHD
(Geologist & Geotechical Designer)
- Plus North-South Expressway – Proposed slope design and treatment based on the available data from soil investigation report and site mapping. The treatment includes soil nailing, stone pitching, stiffener beam, dowel, spray concrete and horizontal drain.
- North Butterworth Container Terminal (NBCT) – Geo-technical evaluation of the sub-surface investigation for the design of the slope stability.
- Ipoh-Lumut Road Improvement – Prepare slope failure report and recommendation for remedial measure.
- 250 Units Condominium Apartments on Lot PT 16643, Taman Seri Gombak for Hillcrest Gardens Sdn. Bhd. Prepared geo-technical evaluation report to the Committee of Building on hilly area to award Certificate of Fitness (CF)
- Taman Segar, Cheras – Proposed slope treatment report to the local authority (DBKL), construction supervision of the stabilization works, i.e. soil nailing, surface and sub-surface drainage.
- Bandar Baru Selayang – Proposed slope failure report and recommendation for remedial measure.
- Link Between Junction With Proposed Jalan Tanah Jambu Link and Diplomatic Housing Area, Brunei
- Johore Port – Analysing the slope stability of the reclamation.
- Bagan Datoh, Coastal Protection – Study on the stability of the design revetment structure and proposed remedial measure.
- Initiated Sub-Surface Investigation, Prepare Tender Document, Call foe Tender, Tender Evaluation, Supervision and Prepared Geo-Technical Report to the Client. Saujana Impian, Kajang. Taman Seri Gombak. Taman Puchong Utama. Perumahan Rakyat Tampoi, Johor. Seria By-Pass, Brunie. Kota Tinggi By-Pass. Condominium at Mukim Ringlet
KHAIRUL AZAM BIN RAHIDI
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Bachelor Of Engineering (CIVIL)
MONASH UNIVERSITY GIPPSLAND COLLEGE, AUSTRALIA
- Started his career as a geotechnical at Jurutera Konsultant Sdn.Bhd in 1992.
- Developed himself to be expert in geotechnical field.
- His involvement in North South Expressway projects has been numerous.
- Expertise in slope stability is an asset to Geostrength Engineering Sdn.Bhd.
- His experience in geotechnical field covers a vast area which includes land reclamation works.
- Foundation and coastal protection.
December 1997 – Current at GEOSTRENGTH ENGINEERING SDN BHD
(Chief Executive Officer & Design Engineer)
Design for slope measure and rectification works involves soil nails, horizontal drains, micropiles and surface drainage.
October 1992 – December 1997 at JURUTERA KONSULTANT (SEM) SDN.BHD
(Construction – Geotechnical Engineer)
- North South Expressway – Alor Pongsu to Changkat Jering – Slope stability analysis on ambankment and cut slope section. Settlement analysis, proposed surcharge period and predicting time of removal of surcharge.
- Kuala Kedah Jetty Cargo – Preparing of documents and supervision of Soil Investigation. Design of piled embankment, type of pile geotextile and gabions.
- Land Reclamation At Batu Maung – Study on alternative design and come up with new proposal, stability and extent of expected settlement.
- Port Dickson’s Marina At Mukim Sirusa – Geotechnical evaluation of the subsurface Investigation data for the seawall, sheet piling works and slope stability. Bayan Bay Marina Project. Analysis other consultant design, comments and proposed new design.
- Bagan Datoh Coastal Protection – Stability analysis of the designed revetments structure due to failure at Sg.Tiang and Sg.Belukang. Proposed remedial measure including changes on the revetment structure and relocation of borrow pit.
- Proposed construction sequence of the structure on a naturally very soft marine clay. Preparing technical report and presented at the JPS seminar.
- Feasibility Report On The 100 Acres Reclamation At Sg.Pinang, Penang – Prepare layout plan, civil drawings, design of shore protection structure and river lining. Evaluation for cost estimate purposes.
- Brunei Link Between Road, Brunei – Involved in geotechnical input such as design of cut slope, embankment stability, soil nails and rock anchor treatment. Prepared relevant drawing, documents tender etc.
- Bukit Jambul Apartments, Penang – Prepared S.I documents. Prepared Geotechnical evaluation report submitted to the Committee of Building on Hilly Area for building CF. Check on existing slope, cut and fill areas, evaluating rock anchor documentation, drainage and foundation. Made recommendation for rehabitilation works.
- Remedial Works For Brunei Airport – Pavement cracks – produced report on the causes of failure and made design recommendation for remedial measure. Problem of waterlog – designed for the installation of strip drain.
- Putra Jaya Prime Minister’s Department – Evaluation of soil data section analyse and Design of soil nails and spray concrete.
- Bayan Lepas Expressway – Design of piled embankment at two bridge approaches, drawing and document tender. Settlement monitoring for early removal of surcharged along the expressway as well as the bridge abutments.
- Prepared Documentation For Subsurface Investigation Site Supervision and Geotechnical Report For: Peningkatan Kompleks Perikanan LKIM Batu Maung, Penang. Roof tiles Plant at Dengkil for Monier. Block Making Plant at Berenang for Monier. Proposed Transfer Station for world Wide Holding at Rawang, Kelang Shah Alam. Testing od Aircraft components Plants Bukit Raja. Official residence at Bukit Tunku.
Ir.HAJI HAMDAN BIN SOPIAN
Bac. Applied Science (Civil),UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA, CANADA
MEMBER OF BOARD ENGINEERING, MALAYSIA (BEM)
Started his career as Junior Engineer at Perunding GEA. He is responsible of supervising several sub-surface investigation works in Bukit Mertajam. Lumut and Gemas. His thirst for knowledge in engineering field especially geotechnical will later result him on joining Jurutera Konsultant (SEA) Sdn.Bhd. As a geotechnical engineering in JK (SEA) his exposure in geotechnical field has increased dramatically.
He is responsible in providing technical support in geotechnical field to ensure successful, implementation of all the projects. His experience in the foundation engineering slope stabilization and rock stabilization works especially in design and construction aspect will assist GESB in providing sound engineering works to the client. He was later on exposed to construction works when he was promoted to be Assistant Resident Engineer in kampong gajah. He was responsible for the supervision of flood mitigation works in the area. He later on joins Perunding ZNA to pursue his consultancy works in geotechnical and civil works. He later on joins Amran Mohamad to form Geostrength Engineering Sdn.Bhd with a philosophy to provide quality, thoroughness and timeliness services to the client.
August 1992 – December 1992 at PERUNDING GEA (M) SDN.BHD
(Construction – Projects)
- Slope investigation supervision works for proposed army oil storage tank facilities in Gemas, Lumut and Bukit Mertajam.
December 1997 – Current at GEOSTRENGTH ENGINEERING SDN BHD
December 1992 – March 1996 at JURUTERA KONSULTANT (SEA) SDN.BHD
[Geo-technical Engineer (Dis ’92 – Mac ’95)]
[Assistant Resident Engineer (Mac ’95 – Mac ‘ 96)]
- North-South Expressway (Package 6A, 6B1, 6B3, 6C & 5D (Butterworth to Changkat Jering) – Settlement analysis on preloading area on embankment constructed in soft marine clay. Design of soil nailing as slope stabilisation mechanism in cut slope area the highway. Design of ground water drainage system using STRIPDRAIN to lower the ground water which will lower the sub-grade strength. Stability analysis on the cut slope area.
- Design of pile ambankment as ground water treatment at approach to a bridge at Sg. Ayer Puteh and the design of pile slab in accordance to BS 8110. Design of pile embankment using timber piles on existing embankment as remedial works to cater for differential settlement and the design of reinforced concrete pile slab.
- North Butterworth Container Terminal – Stability analysis and settlement evaluation of the seawall revetment on a reclaimed area on top of soft marine clay.
- Kota Tinggi By-Pass – Preparation of soil investigation works on soft ground area beside Sg. Johor. The works include tender evaluation, soil investigation report evaluation, geo-technical report and the design of ground treatment based on the available data from SI report.
- Flood Mitigation Works for Tumboh Samp Drainage Scheme, Kampung Gajah, Perak.
- Responsible as a Soil / Material engineer and doing supervision for the river diversion works, flood mitigation embankment construction of structures such as culvert and pump house.